Australian Engineer Angrily Declares: Nigerian Jollof is Poisonous and Dangerous–After His Entire Family is Hospitalized in Lagos & Holidays Ruined for Trying Nigerian Jollof
An Australian engineer and business man, David Powell has told BBC Africa that, Nigerian jollof is dangerous and poisonous after his entire family were hospitalized in Lagos and their holidays ruined for just trying the coloured rice.
Powell said, his family loves Africa and this is their first trip to the continent–so they decided to try many of the local dishes and participate in local events to make their holidays rich.
But about 4 days ago, the family decided to try Nigerian jollof, against his advice that the rice looked bigger than they are used to—and a few hours after eating, his wife and 3 children were all in the hospital.
“That food is dangerous and poisonous. Even the grains are big and I don’t know how anyone is able to eat them. Also, it looks watery and unattractive,” he said.
He added: “we spent 12, 000 dollars in plane tickets to get here and now, hospital bills have been added to the cost. Our holidays is totally ruined.”